A new voice

18 Jun

WARNING: Blog virgin. Please be gentle!

“Angel, I need you to write a blog for our site, ‘Naughty Ever After.’”

“What about, Sir?”

“Anything.  Just make sure it’s done and posted by tomorrow.”

“Sir, I’ve never written one before. Any ideas?”

“Just introduce yourself. Explain how you became a part of the family. What you’re writing, etc. You’ll do great, Angel. I have faith in you.”

This assignment was given to me over 48 hours ago. To say I’m a little late would be an understatement. Sir has been patient, knowing that this is out of my “comfort zone” being the introvert that I am. I’ve always had the hardest time talking about myself. I don’t like being in the limelight. Kind of an occupational hazard when you want to become a published author. I’ve grown so much since becoming a member of his household, and being in his service. I know that the assignments and tasks that Sir gives me are not to make me embarrassed or uncomfortable, but to help me thrive and keep me focused. This is why words alone could never express the love and gratitude that I have for him. So, here I am.  My name is evie.

I’ve heard that a single occurrence could change your life forever.  This is what happened when I had the pleasure of meeting three amazing people in Las Vegas last March. We all had similar goals and interests, and became friends. Do you ever have those moments when an event or experience feels serendipitous? I went on a road trip with them to Dallas, and you get to know people pretty well when you’re alone in a car with them for fourteen hours.  We all had an amazing vibe and energy when we were all together.

But what I remember most, is how I missed them when we came back home to Denver. Being a loner for most of my life, this was huge. When I wasn’t with them, I honestly felt like something was missing. I was invited over for drinks one evening, and I never left. I became a member of the “house” and being in service as a slave within a number of weeks. And……. I started to fall in love. I have fallen in love with three wonderful people that I admire and cherish.

I’m currently working on a series. It’s about a chef who inherits a catering company and all the hedonistic adventures that she can handle. Being a chef myself, I figured that I should stick with what I know the first time around. 😉 And yes, it will be ménage. If two is good, three is always better!

It’s a good thing that I like roller-coasters, because the last few months of been one hell of a ride!

You’ll probably be seeing me blogging from time to time. It could be anything from cooking, to BDSM, to Polyamory. The first time is always the hardest, and it didn’t hurt all that much.

We will be at Rom Com in Colorado Springs this weekend. If any of you are going to be there, please come up and say “Hi”. If I haven’t met you already at RT, I would love to meet you. J You can also hit me up on Facebook under Eva Alexander.

Ciao for now!   evie ~xo

7 Responses to “A new voice”

1. Lisa Carlton June 18, 2013 at 9:28 am #

Hi Evie …nice to hear from you….you did great on your blog….thank you for sharing…can’t wait to read more from you and get to know you better

2. grizzlys4 June 18, 2013 at 9:56 am #

Hi evie! I’m a bit behind on the blog posts but just had to say hi! I don’t live too far from Springs but dang I can’t be at RomCom…..I wish I could! It sounds like you all are flourishing and that makes me happy. Any family dynamic that brings happiness is a good thing! Your book theme sounds wonderful! I love reading foodie books! I’ll be watching for it! It was nice to “meet” you and I wish you much happiness! – Lee

(I’m Alisa on Facebook so you know who I am when I friend request you! 😉 )

• naughtyeverafter June 18, 2013 at 10:01 am #

Thank you so much, it is nice to meet you as well. Sorry you won’t be able to get to RomCon this year but we will be in Colorado Springs for several days if any of them work, we would love to meet you for coffee or something one of the days. Just let kasi know if any day works for you and we’ll set it up.

3. Amy J. Hawthorn June 18, 2013 at 10:32 am #

Welcome to the blogoshpere 🙂 Take it from another shy girl, it will get easier with time.

4. Tara Rose June 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

What a heart-warming blog post! I can feel the love and affection you all have for each other pouring out of your words. Congratulations! 🙂

5. Cherie Clark June 18, 2013 at 4:10 pm #

I love that you have embraced this as a challenge from your SIR and that you have shared the joy that you have found. I look forward to your book. I cannot cook to save myself but i LOVE food so I am sure that your book will be fabulous and the best part of reading about food is no horrid calories. I know it will be fab because it is coming from your heart.

Thanks for sharing.

xxoo Cherie

6. Corinne Davies June 22, 2013 at 8:57 pm #

You did a wonderful job, Evie! I look forward to reading your posts in the future as you grow as an author and with your new family.